How can I help?
I provide the following services:
- Freelance Writing
- Formatting for ebook and/or print
- Transcription + Formatting (and editing)
- Book cover design or design help
- Editing & Proofreading
- Guest post @ HypothyroidMom.com: How is this normal? Diagnosed with hypothyroidism at age five.
Formatting for ebook and/or print
- Nonfiction books (for ebook and/or print)
- Novels (for ebook and/or print)
- Books of (free verse) poetry
- Lead magnets and sneak-peek ebooks (to reward your faithful subscribers or attract new ones)
Transcription + Formatting (and editing)
* Contact me if you'd like a free sample (10 minutes or less of audio) transcription in exchange for an honest review and (if you love my work) a testimonial that I can publish on this page. This is a limited time offer until I collect enough testimonials or until I remove this offer for other reasons.
Base rate: $1.00 per audio minute.
Book cover design or design help
Below are some samples of covers I've designed for my books as well as for print journals. Four of the books shown are currently available on Amazon.
* Contact me if you'd like a free book cover design in exchange for an honest review and (if you love my work) a testimonial that I can publish on this page. This is a limited time offer until I collect enough testimonials or until I remove this offer for other reasons.
Editing & Proofreading
I'll be honest and say I don't normally pay for professional editing -- mainly because I've edited other people's work and prefer to edit my own. For this reason, I will usually recommend Grammarly (the free version) to anyone interested in self-editing, because it's saved my skin more than once when I was editing one of my books. I probably still missed some things, but I've yet to run across a book (even a traditionally-published one) that didn't have at least a few minor mistakes. Most people (including myself) will make a mental note of it and keep reading.
I've edited a novel, several academic essays, and even a couple capstone papers for a Master's degree. I also edit my own books, using (free) Grammarly as an assistant in catching small errors.
My rate for editing + proofreading (three sweeps) is a penny per word. If all you need is proofreading, and you want more than a Grammarly sweep, I charge less than that. Depending on the size of your project, we can work out a rate that will suit both of us.
I'm looking for a few good testimonials to post here, so I'd be willing to create a few free book covers or transcribe a few short pieces (no more than 15 minutes each of audio) for free, in exchange for an honest review of my work.
I don't expect or want you to lie and say nice things about my work if you're honestly not impressed by my formatted transcription or book cover design. If I can't design something you love or transcribe your recording and format it to your specifications, I'd rather not take your money.
But until I have some positive testimonials to share for book cover design, I ask only for an honest review. And if you love my work, I'd very much appreciate a testimonial that I can publish on this page.
For transcription, $50 per audio hour is a fair minimum. But I would welcome the chance to try a smaller transcription project and earn your trust (and hopefully the testimonial of a satisfied customer) before tackling a larger one.